Here are some
ideas for inexpensive gifts for families:
* A gift card to Blockbuster or your local video store. Combine
the passes with some microwave popcorn or candy. The entire family
will appreciate the idea of a movie night together.
* A book of passes to the movie theater. For an added treat, throw
in a homemade coupon good for a night of babysitting so Mom and
Dad can enjoy a show without the kids.
* Board games make great gifts for families. Choose a few to cater
to different ability levels. Don't forget classic card games like
Uno and Old Maid.
* A gift certificate to a nice, family-friendly restaurant. Mom
and Dad will appreciate the opportunity to avoid cooking and doing
* A donation in their family's name to a charity that's important
to them. Most organizations have cards that can be mailed when
gift contributions are made. Did a hospice help them in their time
of need? If so, the donation on their behalf will be appreciated
more than another gift under the tree.
Giving family gifts is an effective way to cut back on Christmas
spending and can often be more personal than your run of the mill
gift. Here's to making your holiday less stressful, inexpensive
and more fun!
by: Nicole Dean is
the mostly-sane mom and owner of www.ShowMomTheMoney.com
– a fun and informative site to help moms achieve success
working from home. She invites you to learn more money-saving
tricks at www.showmomthemoney.com/TimeSavers.asp